This giveaway is now CLOSED. Congratulations to the lucky winner - SantaFe #97!
If you're a fan of spicy, then I've got one HOT product for you! The Ghost Cube from Bhut Jolokia will REALLY stimulate your taste buds.
If you're not familiar with the ghost pepper, read on:
The Bhut Jolokia — also known as Ghost Pepper has been around for many centuries and it is believed to have originated in Assam, India. The word Bhut, given from the Bhutias people, means "ghost" and was probably given the name because of the way the heat sneaks up on the one who eats it.
It was only introduced to the western world in 2000. In that same year, a report was published stating it's level of heat as almost double that of a Red Savina Habanero which was believed to be the world's hottest pepper.
In 2007 The Ghost Pepper was certified as the hottest Chili Pepper on the planet in The Guinness Book of World Records.
My husband is a fan of all things spicy, but he couldn't even handle their Spicy Sour Watermelon Candy. Halfway through eating it, he had to take it out. The heat really snuck up on him. However, my brother on the other hand finished it with ease and wondered where the spicy was. Go figure!
1 ghost packet — includes 1 dried ghost chili
1 oz bottle of ghost powder
10g tin crushed ghost pepper flakes
1oz packet of spicy watermelon candy
1 recipe/fact cards
cube size: 4" x 3" x 3"
I'll be completely honest with you, we haven't even tried the dried ghost chili or ghost power. Are we scared to? Here's a big fat YES. My brother is a chef and he's dying to cook with them though. My husband likes to use pepper flakes on his pizza. He tried the crushed ghost pepper flakes and enjoyed hem. Were they hot? Heck yeah they were.
If your husband or father likes spicy things, the Ghost Cube would be such a unique Father's Day gift idea!
One lucky reader will win a Ghost Cube!
Click "comments" below this posting and leave a message as your entry. It's that simple! Be sure to leave your email address so I can contact you if you're the lucky winner. You do not need to have a Google account to comment. You may do so with just your name.
AFTER you have completed the mandatory entry above, you may do any of the additional entry options below for more ways to win. Each one counts as one separate entry.
- Subscribe to my blog via email - be sure to leave your email address in your comment
- Subscribe to my blog via RSS Feed/Reader
- Like The Funky Monkey on Facebook here and leave your name
- Follow The Funky Monkey on Twitter here and leave your name
- Tweet about this giveaway and be sure to leave the link in your comment (Qualifies as one extra entry PER DAY)
- Post the link to this giveaway on your Facebook, Blog, Twitter etc. and leave the link in your comment (one entry per site)
- Like Bhut Jolokia on Facebook here, leave a message on their wall telling them The Funky Monkey sent you, and leave your name in your entry comment below
- Email three or more people about this giveaway and CC me at susannahbananaATliveDOTcom
Complimentary product was provided to me from Bhut Jolokia for this review. All opinions are my own.